The long awaited revised version of the NPPF is here. With no big surprises from the draft version, the focus remains on boosting housing supply.
You may have seen our immediate team reactions over the past couple of days, here our short note provides a summary of the changes which we feel are of most importance.
- Presumption in favour of sustainable development - remains at the heart of the framework.
- Standard method for assessing housing need - has been introduced but disappointingly excludes economic factors in the equation.
- The definition of a ‘deliverable’ site - has been tightened providing opportunity to challenge local authority’s housing supply position.
- Introduction of the Housing Delivery Test - triggering the presumption in favour of sustainable development where delivery is substantially below the housing requirement.
- Build to Rent (BtR) housing - has been given policy recognition and links BtR to the delivery of affordable housing.
Click the image to your right to view/download.
Posted with the following keywords:
NPPF, National Planning Policy Framework, Development Economics